Our mission is to empower and enable physicians, advanced practice providers and their learners to provide preeminent patient care through innovative, comprehensive learning solutions that impart knowledge, increase awareness, and facilitate progressive changes that improve quality and safety outcomes and decrease waste throughout Indiana University Health.
Who We Are
Under the executive leadership of Jonathan Gottlieb, MD, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Executive, the Center for Physician Education operates within the Division of Academic Affairs to ensure the quality and effectiveness of professional educational activities throughout the IU Health system.
What We Do
Indiana University Health in collaboration with the Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM) and Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME) provide site training for IUSM Residency, Fellowship, Medical Student, and Advanced Provider programs.
Learning opportunities are available for Staff Physicians, Fellows, Residents, Advanced Providers, Medical Students, and Advanced Provider Students through:
- New provider orientations
- Fellow, Resident, and Medical Student orientations & provisioning
- Web-based education modules
- Live educational events
- Statewide outreach program
- Preceptor placement
- IU Health CPE website resources
- IU Health CPE newsletter
- Mobile applications
- 1:1 and group training sessions at the three downtown AHC facilities
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) opportunities such as:
- Lunch & Learns
- Live Events
- Leadership Development Institute (LDI)
- Sailing the High Seas
- Annual Advanced Provider Conferences
- Annual Primary Care Conference
- AHC Team: Onsite Senior Project Managers at Indiana University Health University, Methodist and Riley hospitals provide hands-on training for providers and facilitates monthly live education events, facility orientation, and just-in-time learning events. Regularly scheduled Lunch & Learn sessions and other live learning events provide continuing medical education (CME) credit on topics ranging from patient safety and quality care, policies and procedures and new services available within our facilities.
- Statewide Team: Provides increased efficiency and effectiveness of Educational Services with Clinical Education Updates, technological advances, enhance research and clinical opportunities for learner’s system-wide. Ensures accessible CME learning events are conducted throughout the IU Health System.
- Development Team: Responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites for The Center for Physician Education and other various departments within IU Health, from layout to functioniality and according to a department's specifications. The Development Team also developed and supports the custom Learning Portal, working closely with the IU School of Medicine (IUSM) to offer and track manadatory learning modules.
- Design Team: Designs learning content to engage learners by providing interactive learning modules that allows skills to be applied in the clinical practice setting. Designs solutions to convey important information in a concise and organized format for quick and easy reference. Creates innovative mobile learning solutions and app design. Publishes monthly CPE newsletter.
- Office of Clinical Learning Environment: In accordance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER) requirements the Clinical Learning Environment team is responsible for system, and departmental, quality initiatives related to residents and new providers.
- Office of Medical Education: Assists with the onboarding needs of medical students, residents and fellows. Provisioning to ensure learners have access to the applications and areas within IU Health during their learning experience. Additional support includes the management of our physician support line and email as well as scheduling for several electives offered by providers within IU Health.
Meet the Team
- Maria Simon Manager
- Alex Trimpe Manager
- Cheryl Griffith Manager
- Jo Dinwiddie Sr Project Manager - Methodist
- Rachel Williams Project Manager
- Barry Neary Sr Project Manager - University
- Justin Hughes Developer-IS Senior
- Carrie Warren Developer-IS Intermediate
- Tracie Anderson Sr Project Manager - Clinical Excellence
- Katie Hetland Sr. Project Manager
- Nathan Mahurin Developer-IS Intermediate
- Robin Trittipo Project Manager - Clinical Education
- Jennifer Polen Project Coordinator
- Anne Riley Sr Project Manager - Statewide
- Dianna Meyer Learning Strategist - Design
- Geoff Kapke Instructional Designer - Design
- Sharon Sullivan Project Manager - Statewide
- Denise Monday Project Manager - Medical Education
- Misty Easton-Kunz Project Manager
- Louise Lawson Project Manager
- Renae Cavanaugh Project Manager
- Jarrod Hayes Developer-IS Intermediate